Friday, March 20, 2009

Camry crash!

The kids and I took a trip to Layton on Wednesday which turned out to be a bit of a disaster. We had picked up a Little Tykes basketball hoop from someone we found on KSL classifieds in Layton. We wanted to do some shopping after, but on our way there we had a little accident.

As we were driving along Hill Field Rd, a fire engine passed as we were stopped at a light. As I was coming to the next light, I heard more sirens. I slowed before I entered the intersection to look where the sirens were coming from. I didn't want to cut off a fire engine or ambulance.

Apparently the girl driving behind us didn't notice my breaks were on, and slammed into us full speed. The kids were both buckled in tight and received no injuries. It scared Kari pretty good and she was crying, but it didn't even phase Hayden. I have some whiplash, but nothing serious.
Here is the other driver's car. Her airbag went off and she got some cuts and bruises but is OK. The airbag on the passenger side is what broke the windshield. She was the only one in her car.Now I am driving a 2008 Chrysler 300 which is pretty sweet. A rental of course, but hey I like it.

By the way, I got the car pictures from the tow yard, the other car just happened to be right next to ours.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE ALL OK. THAT IS PRETTY SCARY. enjoy the nice ride while you can , right? hehe

Foster said...

Thats it, we aren't moving to Layton...okay maybe we will still consider it if Brad gets offered a job. I am glad everyone is okay. It is still scary though.

Michael, Kristen and Tessa Sierra said...

Was this a result of rubber necking? That's what it seemed to me, but I have no idea. I'm so glad everyone is ok! That's pretty scary. And go Hayden! What a brave boy :)

i am heidi said...

you be a hot mom in that car girlfriend!! Maybe you should just buy one to keep! I'm glad everything is ok and my little babies are safe

Elliotts said...

Holy cow! I'm glad to hear that you are all safe!

Michelle said...

I am so glad you are all okay! How scary :(

Sweet rental though :)

MeriAnn said...

So glad that you are all okay!

Our Little Family said...

Oh my goodness, how scary. I am glad that you and your kids were not badly injured. Enjoy the Chrysler!

tara said...

so glad you guys are all safe! wish i was driving that sweet mafia car!

David and Audrey said...

We're glad you guys are ok. On the bright side you can get the part of your car fixed that had the spray painting on it :).

BAM Holt said...

Whew! Thank goodness you're all OK! Scary indeed!

PETERSON FAMILY said...

I am so glad you and your kids are all okay. I hate car accidents! Well next time you are up this way Layton/Clearfield area give me a call we should hang out sometime it has been forever since we have seen each other! Miss you lots tell your hubby hello for me
Kelly (from Camelot)