Friday, January 30, 2009

Hayden's 1st Birthday!

Hayden turned 1 on January 24th. He is such a sweet little guy and we love him so much!

Here is his cake. It's a football if you can't tell. I know it's not quite as good as Kari's Care Bear cake, but I didn't think Hayden would mind too much.

Hayden would not dig into his cake until he had a fork. He is such a big boy and so independent. He doesn't like us to do anything for him.

Here is the aftermath of his cake eating. He did have a bit of help from his dad spreading it around.

Here are the two birthday boys. Hayden was born on his Grandpa Kunz's birthday. Dave was nice enough to share his birthday celebration with Hayden. He also shares a birthday with my cousin, Jen.

Here are many of Hayden's presents. Thank you all for coming and for those of you who still shared in the celebration but couldn't be there.

Hayden's birthday was on Saturday, but he had his party on Sunday. He did open presents from us, Grandma & Grandpa Holt, and the Robb's on Saturday. Kari was a big help!

With all the birthday stuff going on, I forgot about my soccer game that evening. Jen called me at game time and I put together the gear that I could borrowing much from Ken and Heidi (we were at their house at the time and it was much closer to the field than mine). I even used diapers as shin guards. As I was pulling them from my tube socks after the game, the other team called me a redneck. Can you believe it?



Here is a funny video of Hayden and his daddy. It was funny at the time, but since then Hayden has learned a bad habit. He now thinks it's funny to hit.

9 comments:

dktravieso said...

so fun! The cake looks great, even on Hayden's face.
We want to see you guys, let us know when your kids aren't sick so we can hang out.

i am heidi said...

oh my i miss my little hayden and kari so excited to see you guys

Tacey said...

looks like he had a great birthday! what a great family you guys have. they are so supportive and loving!! We love having them as our cheering crowd!

Castillon04 said...

Love the pic with cake all over his face...how priceless!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday little man! I have to admit, the shin gaurds are pretty funny!! Love you guys.

MeriAnn said...

That looks like a lot of fun, and yes the video is funny. I can't believe they called you a redneck. Should we send Tacey to go and beat them up?

Sandi J said...

Hay-dos chocolate face looks like he fell in the mud. Won't be the first time i'm sure though.
I swear you make the dang cutest kids EVER, but i guess i'm a little bias. You are related to the hottest family in the world. :)

The Shupes said...

Sandra, I can't believe he is one and I love the shin guards!! I just wanted to let you know I am taking Michelle to lunch Thursday for her Birthday and would love for you to come. We are going at 12:00 and we aren't sure where yet. So let me know if you can make it!! Happy Valentines Day!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! THAT IS TOO FUNNY... ONE OF THE MANY GOOD USES OF DIAPERS RIGHT? HAHAH