Hayden James was born January 24, 2008, right on his due date. He was 8 lb 9 oz and 21 in long. Hayden was almost delivered in the waiting room at St. Mark's Hospital. Dad drove me to the hospital after about 1 1/2 hours of contractions under 5 min apart. We arrived at 11:00 am, only to find that all the labor rooms were full and we were to wait in the waiting room. An hour later, I was finally taken to a room. Once the nurse checked me, she said I was fully efaced(sp?) and asked if I knew what that meant. I said no, so she explained that she was going to get the doctor to break my water and I would deliver, without an epidural...NO TIME!! I was scared to death, but Hayden was born at 12:26 pm, about 15 minutes after my water was broken. I will never do that again by choice, but I was glad once it was over that I was able to experience it.







Thanks for the visits at the hospital, they really brightened our days!




No comments:
Post a Comment