Saturday, November 15, 2008

Melanoma


I'm writing today for two reasons. To inform people that my mom, Joyce Campbell, just found out that she has melanoma skin cancer, (so she doesn't have to) and to ask for your support. If everyone could keep her in your thoughts and prayers, we would greatly appreciate it.

She found out after she had a mole removed and biopsied. She has a consultation on Monday with an oncologist who specializes in melanomas. Hopefully we will know more then.

Melanomas are the worst type of skin cancer. The survival rate for those who have stage I is 85-95%, and stage II drops to 40-85%. We are hoping that we don't have to worry about stage III or IV.

If you would like to contact her, you can email her at cambyinc@yahoo.com

Thanks for your love and support!

6 comments:

Tacey said...

That is too bad! Let your mom know that we love her and support her. I absolutely love having her at all of our games. If she has to have anything done at U hospital tell her to look me up. I would be happy to see her.

David and Audrey said...

We are so sorry this is happening to your mom. It sucks that bad things have to happen to good people. We're here for you, if there's anything we can do help please let us know.

Amy said...

Wow, cancer is such a scary thing. Matt's mom is recovering from breast cancer so we realize how stressful this time can be. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and we will pray that the cancer is in a very early stage. We would love to help if you can think of anything that she might need.

Brooke said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. That is a scary and hard thing to endure. The best thing is prayer and support and she has ours.

DBriggs said...

You can count on your mom continuing in all our thoughts and prayers - Uncle Dave

Southern Belle said...

oh my gosh your little daughter is so big!! I remember when she was a tiny little baby on the sidelines of our intramural soccer games at byu!!! Crazy!! I just found your name on the Viewmont website, i will have to look more at your blog later to see what you have been up to!!