Monday, November 17, 2008

Good news!

My mom went to the consultation with the oncologist today and found that her melanoma is Stage I B, so that is pretty good news. They are hoping that one surgery to remove some of the tissue surrounding the mole will remove all the cancer. If not, additional procedures can be done to remove the cancer. Thank you for all your prayers and support. She will be having the surgery on Nov. 26th, the day before Thanksgiving. She still insists on hosting the family party on Thanksgiving, no matter how hard we try to talk her out of it.

We sure love you mom and look forward to many more years with you!

7 comments:

Our Little Family said...

I am glad to hear that it hasn't spread too much. She is in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for keeping us posted.

David and Audrey said...

That's great! We're so happy to hear such good news (with all things considered)!

The Shupes said...

Good news. What a crazy thing. I hope all goes well with the surgery and that you can all enjoy the Holidays. And I think I might be planning a little Christmas Party with are friends, are you interested? Wish your cute mom the best!! And thank goodness for prayer!!

MeriAnn said...

I am so glad to hear that our number one fan is going to be okay! My thoughts are with her (and you and your family)!

Anonymous said...

that is good to hear. Please let me know if I can help with anything. ( i would be more than happy to help take your kids if you need to be with your mom. LEt me know!!!

Michelle said...

That is such great news! (Not that she has cancer, but that it's stage I and has such a high survival rate). We are definitely praying for you guys. Give your mom our best and please let her know we are thinking about her!

Brooke S. said...

that's such good news! send her my love